Saturday, Sept. 17
9:30 a.m. – Noon
891 Watt Ave., Sacramento
You are invited:
- to learn more about our community outreach projects from their leaders
- to get more involved by signing up for a committee or interest group
- to bring an eligible friend or friends who might like to join
- to hear from our scholarship recipients about their lives and goals
- to learn more about campus sexual assaults and what CSUS is doing to prevent them
- to see and chat with old friends and meet new ones
Our slated guest speaker is Reva Wittenberg, Associate Director of Campus Wellness at California State University, Sacramento. Her department is primarily responsible for prevention programming, so she is deeply involved in preventing campus sexual assaults. She has also supervised the victim advocate on campus and been a core member of the cross-campus Title IX implementation team. She began her work in the field of sexual violence response and prevention in 1994 as a victim advocate with SafePlace and women’s self-defense instructor with Feminists In Self-Defense Training (F.I.S.T.) in Olympia, Wash. She has held leadership positions in several health-related programs in Washington State and California before coming to CSUS in 2014.
Sign up for the showcase for free here at Eventbrite.