The Program Committee has been working on plans for the Showcase Branch Meeting on Sept. 15. During the Showcase, branch members have an opportunity to sign up for interest groups for the coming program year.
Here is information about several potential new interest groups members have suggested:
- Drop-In book group: Vicki Nicholson suggested this group and has agreed to chair it if enough people sign up. Each member would bring a different book she would like to recommend to the group each time and tell briefly what it was about and why she liked it.
- Genealogy: Nancy McCabe suggested this group and has agreed to help organize it, but it would need an identified chair (contact person). This group will be mostly for beginners who want to learn about genealogy. They will meet occasionally to identify community and online resources and exchange information.
- Current Events: This group suggested by Mary-Gene Page would meet regularly to discuss current events that have been agreed upon by the group. There is a possibility that this would be a joint group with AAUW CHAR (Citrus Heights-American River Branch).
These interest groups are continuing and accepting new members:
- Art and Architecture (1st Friday, 10 a.m.)
- Board Games (Last Friday, 7 p.m.)
- Bridge for Fun (1st Tuesday, 1 p.m.): substitutes only
- Chicago Bridge (4th Wednesday, 10 a.m.): substitutes only
- Couples Dining Out (4th Sunday, 6 p.m.): needs new chair
- Cultural History (1st Thursday, 1 p.m.)
- Film Fans (3rd Tuesday, matinee – time varies)
- Great Decisions 1 (3rd Monday, 7 p.m.)
- Great Decisions III (3rd Monday, 1 p.m.)
- Readers’ Theater (2nd Wednesday, 7 p.m.)
- Scrabble Just for Fun (Last Monday, 1 p.m.)
- Singles Dining Out (1st Sunday, 6 p.m.)
- Travel (2nd Tuesday bimonthly, 10 a.m.)
These groups are continuing but currently unable to take new members:
- Great Decisions II (2nd Thursday, 7 p.m.)
- Healthy Heart Dinner (2nd Sunday, 6 p.m.)
These groups have been discontinued:
- Board Games (Daytime)
If you are interested in signing up for any of the groups that are taking new members, please email me (email@example.com) before the meeting and let me know.