- Click here for the Interest Group Calendar
- Click here for the Book Group Calendar
- Click here for Branch Birthdays
- Click here for Printable Articles
2019-20 Budget Needs Branch Approval by Donna Holmes & May Ruth Lynch
The Board of Directors has approved the budget for the fiscal year 2019-20, shown here. Branch members are asked to review the proposed budget, which will be voted on at the September Showcase. Please direct any questions or suggestions to Donna Holmes at 916-863-7551 or email@example.com. Many thanks to all of you for your continued support of our branch. Bushels of gratitude to May Ruth Lynch for her years of devotion as our Finance Director! Enjoy not having to attend board meetings and handling this task.
Save the date for Tech Trek brunch By Cathy Locke
Mark your calendars for Saturday, Oct. 19, for a special brunch spotlighting AAUW’s Tech Trek program.
Middle school students will talk about what they experienced during their week at the UC Davis Tech Trek Camp. Members also will have an opportunity to ask questions and get acquainted with the girls.
“They are very excited to meet you all and want to thank you for all your generous support,” said Jo Reiken, branch Tech Trek director.
The event will be held from 10 a.m. to noon in the American River Room at Rancho Cordova City Hall, 2729 Prospect Park Drive, Rancho Cordova.
Look for more information in the October newsletter.
AAUW CA Convention: Save the Date!!!
April 17-19, 2020
Remembering the Past, Rockin’ the Future.
Westin San Francisco Airport
AAUW Sacramento Board Meeting Dates
All meetings are held at 7 p.m. on the first Monday of the month with the exception of September. All meetings are held at County Office of Human Assistance, 2700 Fulton Ave., Sacramento, CA unless otherwise arranged.
- September Meeting – Monday, August 26, 2019
- October Meeting – Monday, October 7, 2019
- November Meeting – Monday, November 4, 2019
- December Meeting – Monday, December 2, 2019
- January Meeting – Monday, January 6, 2020
- February Meeting – Monday, February 3, 2020
- March Meeting – Monday, March 2, 2020
- April Meeting – Monday, April 6, 2020
- May Meeting – Monday, May 4, 2020
- June Meeting – Monday, June 1, 2020
Board Briefs: June Board Meeting, June 3, 2019 by Cherril Peabody
Here are the highlights of the June AAUW Sacramento Board Meeting:
- Co-President D. Holmes announced that Nancy Lawrence and Barbara Smith will be Co-Directors of Fundraising for 2019-20. She also announced that the Work Smart Challenge is underway, with the goal of having 500 people take the training this summer.
- Tech Trek Co-Director J. Reiken reported that the girls who attend camp this summer will talk about their experiences at a branch meeting in October. The Tech Trek Committee is looking for new grant opportunities and fund-raising ideas to support the program.
- Program Co-Director D. Dunn announced plans for some of the programs for the rest of the year. Katherine Lemke Waste will speak at the Holiday Luncheon scheduled for Dec. 14 at the Northridge Country Club. An advocate for women artists, she works with an organization called 25 in 25. The IBC Luncheon for AAUW members from seven area branches is slated for the last Saturday in January 2020.
- Jordan presented her outgoing co-president D. Holmes with a name tag that lists her many official past positions in AAUW Sacramento.